It is what it says, but there is no formal definition for this word. All I have to rely on for my sources are other writers (poets) who have felt the same as I have about words not being enough because as we all know, "a pictures is worth a thousand words." But also where 1000 words may be too much (i.e. beating a dead horse with a stick), I, being the minimalist that I am, will use roughly between 13 to 50 syllables to 'paint' in the gaps of a photograph which otherwise cannot be seen (as I am no professional photographer) but what one sees behind the camera alongside of what a poet may see. This is my challenge. An odd yet not so unusual challenge considering my great respect for the imagists of their time and the haiku-ist of his. Now, this is OUR time.
PHOETRY
photography + poetry = phoetry
This is dedicated to the landscapes, cultures, climates, geography of our American Midwest. After two days of travel from the southern east coast into the mountains of the west, I have produced a plethora of photographs which have captured scenery that are nothing less of breath-taking. And as a writer who has only been able to stop moments of natural time with words—have found that words are not enough to handle to its extent our Nation’s beauty.
What my father told me and in turn, his father told him, that a Great God became angry with the world, created a flood and in the midst of all that destruction, caused the earth to turn upside down. Here lies the beauty of our transgressions.
No comments:
Post a Comment